OS X 10.11 Download is the twelfth major release to the Macintosh operating system which is namely, the El Capitan download. This is the 10.11 version to the MacOS and it is the last member of the OS X family. This update is recommended for all OS X El Capitan users. The OS X El Capitan v10.11.6 Update improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, and is recommended for all users. This update: Resolves an issue that may prevent settings from being saved in accounts with parental controls enabled.
In the case of the Apple platform , OBS Studio is supporting operating system versions 13.13 onwards, that is:
- I've just tried to install them on a Mac with OS X El Capitan (10.11.6) and I wasn't offered any older version but Mac App Store simply refused installation (the apps require macOS 10.13+). That's life with digital app stores.:-(–.
- If you want El Capitan you will be guided to download the InstallMacOSX.dmg which once downloaded and processed. Will allow you to install a full working version of Mac OS X El Capitan and that version will be 10.11.6, this is all you need.
- Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther)
- Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
- Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
- Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
- Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
- Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
- Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
- Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
- Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
- Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra)
- Mac OS X 10.13 (High Sierra)
- Mac OS X 10.14 (Mojave)
- Mac OS X 10.15 (Catalina)
As with other systems, we share the installer for you to download from the official website; For your convenience, we leave a link to get it, you only need to press the download button .
Once you have done the download by pressing the button, or you can also use this link < Download Obs Studio for Mac >.
- 1 Installing OBS Studio on MacOSX
- 2 Mac OS X Features to Take Advantage of OBS Studio
Installing OBS Studio on MacOSX
|We will start with the installation process. This tutorial is made with MacOSX version 10.15 ( Catalina ), but you can use it for other versions, if the changes will be minimal.|
By default MacOSX downloads what is downloaded from the internet in the folder with the same name ” Download “. that’s where we should look for it and double-click to start its installation.
Immediately afterwards a small window will appear where it shows you the process of opening the installer . This will take only a few seconds.
The next thing is to show you that it contains the installer (the OBS icon will appear on the left side) and on the right side the applications icon waiting for your confirmation to install.
|Now you have to click on the left icon (the black OBS circle ) and ” drag ” it to the right icon (the blue one in the Applications folder ) and drop it there for the installation to proceed.|
Run OBS Studio
When finished after a few seconds it will show you the OBS icon in the folder . With this, its installation has finished, the next part of the process is the permissions and configuration for its execution .
When you double-click the OBS icon, the operating system will warn that you are running an application that was downloaded from the internet, you must press the < Open > button to continue.
It will show you several windows, where it indicates the permissions that OBS Studio is requesting for its operation, you must authorize the ones it requests.
|The following is the initial preliminary configuration of OBS Studio. in this window only the < Next > button appears .|
Again in this window just click the < Next > button .
In this last window it asks you to which streaming platform you will make the transmission, you can choose any of the options that it shows you, although later you can change them whenever you like, you can click the < Cancel > button
Since Mac OS X Lion , Apple introduced some new features. Mac OS X supports multi-touch gestures. That means that if you are using a Mac computer with a touchpad or Magic Mouse , you can execute certain commands using multiple touch points and performing a particular movement. The typical example is using a pinch motion to zoom out on a photo. Moving two fingers towards each other on a touchpad or Magic Mouse will cause the selected image to shrink on the screen. There are several different preset gestures on the Mac OS X system.
Another feature is the use of recent applications full screen originally intended for mobile devices Applewith iOS . Apple has increased the awareness of applications in the market with products such as the iPhone and iPad . The company now allows Mac owners to purchase applications online through the Mac App Store . Mac OS X can display these applications as full-screen applications, giving the user the maximum amount of screen space. You can run multiple apps this way and switch between them as often as you like.
Do you want to see all the applications running on your Mac?
You can use Mission Control to take a quick look at all the applications that are currently running on your computer. It’s kind of a graphical version of the Windows task manager – instead of a list of programs, you’ll see each application rendered as its own window. Similarly, the Launchpad feature allows you to see all your apps arranged in a grid with each app represented by an icon. If you had another application open at the time you opened Launchpad, the program window will disappear while you decide which application to run next.
Safeguard your information
For those unfamiliar with the environment, Mac OS X has a feature that could save your skin. There is an auto save feature that will help you avoid losing your work. There is also a feature called Versions that will display the history of the documents you worked on. If you decide that your work is going in the wrong direction, you can revert to a previous version and start from there without having to throw out the whole document.
Share files for OBS Studio
If you want to use a Mac computer as a server for your home network, Mac OS X includes a feature that simplifies the setup process. And the AirDrop feature is useful for sharing. When you run AirDrop, your Mac can connect wirelessly to any other computer that also runs AirDrop. They do not need to be together on a Wi-Fi network. This means that you will be able to share files between Mac computers, whether there is a larger network or not.
There are hundreds of features on Mac. Some, like the Facetime video chat service, was first introduced by Apple on platforms like the iPhone. Others are exclusive to Mac computers.
|We hope this tutorial will help you in the installation process, if you have any questions we await your comments below in the questions section of the page, it will be a pleasure to help you .|
On this page:
- Reinstall El Capitan on a computer alreadyrunning it
Upgrade from previous versions to OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
Go To The Os X 10.11 El Capitan Download Page To Get It
- From the Apple menu, select App Store....
- When the App Store opens, search for and download El Capitan. If you don't already have an Apple ID, you'll need to create one. You can monitor the download process in the 'Purchased' section of the App Store.
- Once the download is complete, the installer should automatically open.
If it doesn't, or you don't want to complete the installation at this time, you can come back later and double-click Install OS X El Capitan in your
Within the installer, click Continue, agree to the license agreement, and then choose the disk where you want to install El Capitan.
After you begin the installation, your computer may need to restart more than once before finishing, and then you may be asked to enter basic information.
- From the Apple menu, select App Store..., and then install any available updates.
Reinstall El Capitan on a computer already running it
El Capitan Download For Mac
Reinstall while keeping files, applications, and settings
- Restart your computer, and immediately hold down
command-runtil the gray Apple logo appears.
- If prompted, select your main language and then click the arrow.
- Click Reinstall OS X, and then Continue. Follow the instructions on the screen, and then choose your hard disk. Click Install, and enter your Apple ID information if prompted.
- When the installation is complete, select App Store... from the Apple menu, and install any available updates.
Reinstall while erasing everything on your computer
Restart your computer, and immediately hold down
command-runtil the gray Apple logo appears.
- If you see a screen asking you to select your main language, choose it, and then click the arrow.
- Click Disk Utility, and then Continue.
- In Disk Utility:
- Click your hard disk in the left column, and then click the Erase tab.
- Next to 'Format:', make sure OS X Extended (Journaled) is selected. In the 'Name:' field, give your disk a name. Click Erase.
- Once it's completed, quit Disk Utility.
- Click Reinstall OS X, and then Continue:
- Follow the instructions on the screen, and then choose your hard disk.
- Click Install. If prompted, enter your Apple ID information.
- Once the installation is complete, you'll be asked to enter basic information, and have the option to transfer data from another computer or backup.
- From the Apple menu, select App Store, and then install any available updates.