Mac os x el capitan 10.11.6 dmg download is a built in apps OS version, so you don’t have to download and install any apps, it’s already there for you. The most used apps are installed such as Browser to surf the web, email sends such Gmail, Notebooks to write your notes, Photoshop to edit your photos, etc.
'Can I still upgrade to El Capitan though the official update is outdated?' 'How do I upgrade to El Capitan? I'm using Yosemite, is there a way that can upgrade Yosemite to El Capitan?'
On this page, we collected the complete process of how to upgrade to Mac OX S El Capitain 10.11.6 without losing any data. Follow this guide, you can download and install Mac OS X 10.11.6 on your computer with ease:
- Softonic-recensie Yosemite just got bigger. El Capitan, or Mac OS X 10.11, is the latest update of Apple’s operating system for Mac. This marks the first time in a while that the release of OS X and iOS (iOS 9) have appeared almost simultaneously – allowing for more synergy between the platforms.This also benefits Mac users, as usual they are left waiting as Apple’s mobile platform has.
- Whether or not you've downloaded it in the past, you can now download OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 (6.21 GB) via this link which will open first in the Browser, then in the App Store. OS X El Capitan. This version of OS X El Capitan is for users running OS X Snow Leopard who would like to upgrade to macOS Sierra.
- Sep 30, 2015 The Latest Update Of Download El Capitan ISO. Download El Capitan ISO has released Safari 11 version; Has included supplemental updates in the security of the device and OS; Safari 10 has the ability to access OS X Download El Capitan and X Yosemite; OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan enhancement of bug fixes and security has been released too.
- After you are done with checking the compatibility of your Mac device, it's time to follow some pre rituals to prepare your device for Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11. These steps are mandatory for the successful installation of El Capitan OS into your Mac, and Apple also suggests them.
- Check If Your Mac Is Available for El Capitan Update
- Prepare Mac Ready Before El Capitan Update
- Update Mac OS X to El Capitan (Download OS X 10.11.6)
- Bonus Tip: Restore lost data after El Capitan update (without backups)
Tips on this page also work to upgrade macOS Mojave, High Sierra to the latest macOS Big Sur. You may also interest in: update and install macOS.
What Is Mac OS X El Capitan
El Capitan, the last edition known as Mac OS X 10.11.6, is an operating system between Yosemite and macOS Sierra, released on July 18, 2015.
Here is a list of new features that Mac OS X 10.11.6 brings to most old Mac OS X users. And you may feel like downloading and installing the system on your Macs:
- Support multitask
- Better performance
- Better user experience
- Free download
So how to download or upgrade your Mac computer to El Capitan? Follow through the guides, any one of Mac users can make it.
1. Check If Your Mac Is Available for El Capitan Update
Before you take steps to update your present Mac OS X to El Capitan 10.11.6/10.11.2, check whether your Mac computer is available to download and install the new El Capitan. Check the below list and see whether your device or OS X can get the new update:
Supported Mac devices:
- iMac (Mid 2007 or newer)
- MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, Early 2009, or newer)
- MacBook Pro (Mid 2007 or newer)
- MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer)
- Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer)
- Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer)
- Xserve (Early 2009)
Available OS X for El Capitan:
- OS X Yosemite v10.10
- OS X Mavericks v10.9
- OS X Mountain Lion v10.8
- OS X Lion v10.7
- Mac OS X Snow Leopard v10.6.8
If your Mac OS X and devices are just right on the list, read on and follow tips to prepare your Mac OS ready for El Capitan update.
2. Prepare Mac Ready Before El Capitan Update
Let's see what you should do to prepare your Mac devices fully ready for the new El Capitan 10.11.6, etc. update. And if this is your first time updating Mac OS X, follow the tips below carefully:
#1. Hardware Requirement
- Leave at least 2GB memory and 8.8 GB of storage space on Mac
- Leave at least 45% battery on Mac
- Connect Mac to the internet or WiFi
- Update your Mac Apps to the latest versions
#2. Back Up All Important Mac Data (to An External Disk)
It's vitally important to back up important data on Mac to external storage devices, which will certainly help to avoid data loss issues due to Mac OS X update.
To do so, you have two options:
- Option 1. Back up all your data via Time Machine
- 1. Connect an external hard drive to Mac.
- 2. Click the Apple menu icon, click 'System Preference', and click 'Time machine'.
- 3. Click 'Select Backup Disk...' and choose the external drive as a backup disk.
- Option 2. Fully back up your Mac data via reliable Mac backup software
For a step-by-step guide, please follow: How to Back Up Mac without Time Machine for help.
If you have forgotten to backup data, reliable Mac data recovery software like EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best tool to help you restore lost data.
So now, you can follow the next tutorial tips to update your present Mac OS X into El Capitan.
Mac Os El Capitan Vs Sierra
3. Update Mac OS X to El Capitan (Download OS X 10.11.6)
You can update your Mac OS X to El Capitan now. Follow the below guide to update to El Capitan with ease:
#1. Download and Install Mac OS X from Mac App Store
Step 1. Go to Mac App Store and search El Capitan.
Os X Version 10 11
Step 2. Click the Download button for El Capitan.
Step 3. Click Continue and follow the instructions to install El Capitan on your Mac.
#2. Manually Download El Capitan 10.11.6 from Apple
Here you can also download El Capitan or other new versions of macOS from the Apple support page, and install on your Mac:
When the downloading process is finished, the El Capitan installer will launch automatically. All you just need to follow the onscreen guide to install the Mac OS X 10.11.6 on your Mac computer.
Note that the El Capitan upgrade process will not take long. Just wait patiently to let the El Capitan installation process accomplish on your Mac.
You May Also Interest In:
Don't worry if you meet some problems during the Mac OS X or macOS update process. Click the below troubleshooting guide and follow to resolve the respective issue on your own.
When you encounter macOS update stuck, macOS or Mac OS X update failed, stay calm. Follow this guide to install the desired macOS or Mac OS X on your Mac.
Bonus Tip: Restore Lost Data after Upgrading Mac to El Capitan 10.11.6
If you didn't create backups before the Mac OS X El Capitan update, and you lost some important Mac files after the update process, your last chance is to turn to reliable Mac data recovery software for help.
Here, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac is available for you to download and restore all lost files after macOS or Mac OS X update.
This software is fully compatible with all Mac OS X such as El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, and the latest new macOS Mojave, High Sierra, etc.
Download it and follows to restore lost data due to the El Capitan update now:
Step 1. Where was data lost after operating system update? Choose the location and click Scan.
Step 2. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac will immediately scan your selected disk volume and display the scanning results on the left pane.
Step 3. After the scan, select the target files that were unknowingly lost during or after the update and click Recover button to get them all back.
What Else Can EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Do for You？
Besides macOS update file recovery, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard dedicates to restoring lost data for Mac users under complex circumstances, such as:
- Data deletion
- Mac hard drives formatting
- Storage device corruption
- Mac system crash
- Mac OS X reinstallation
El Capitan Still Works on Old Macs, Go and Get It Now
Don't worry if your Mac computer is not available for updating to Mac OS X El Capitan. Follow this page, you'll see if your computer can install this operating system.
If yes, follow to download and install this excellent system and renew your Mac computer now. Don't worry if you lost some files during the process, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac can bring your files back.
Now, it's your turn. Go and get it now.