Download To MP3 Converter Free for macOS 10.7 or later and enjoy it on your Mac. To MP3 Converter Free encodes more than 200 audio and video formats to MP3 in one click. Get quality MP3 effortlessly:. Convert audio or video to MP3 in one click. Get the best possible quality of MP3s with auto settings. Transfer tags from source files. MediaHuman Audio Converter is a freeware application for macOS and Windows. It can help you to convert your music absolutely free to WMA, MP3, AAC, WAV, FLAC, OGG, AIFF, Apple Lossless format and bunch of others. In this tutorial i show you how to convert your original Music CD'd into MP3's for your portable devices like android phones and Tablets etc.Using the follow. In case you were wondering, you can burn a lot more songs on a CD in MP3 than in AIFF. Also, your MP3 files are compatible with any media player and device out there, which isn't the case with AIFF. So, do yourself a favor and convert all AIFF, WAV, WMA formats to MP3s, and don't forget to have the time of your life throughout every beat.
WMA, a short form for Windows Media Audio, is widely applied on Windows-based programs and music download services. For Windows users, it’s indeed a very helpful audio format due to its high quality.
But the compatibility of WMA is not as good as MP3. You can’t put WMA music or sounds into a website. What's worse for Mac users, it can’t be opened on Mac-based software.
MP3, enough said, is one of the most popular audio formats that are compatible with all devices and platforms including Mac. To enjoy and edit WMA on Mac, you’d better convert it to MP3. Read below to master how to convert WMA to MP3 on Mac.
Quickly view the tools you are interested in
The Best Way to Mass Convert WMA to MP3 on Mac
The best method to convert WMA files to MP3 on Mac is to use dedicated and feature-rich software. Cisdem Video Converter is such a tool that will assist you to deal with video/audio-related tasks in the most efficient manner possible.
Not just converting WMA to MP3 without losing quality, it supports almost all the formats for file conversion, including M4A to MP3, MKV to MOV, MTS to MP4, YouTube to MP4, AVI to iPhone, etc.
Moreover, it allows you to download videos from 1000+ video sharing sites and rip protected DVD content to media formats like WMA, MP3, and MP4.
- Support a variety of input and output media formats
- Choose output audio quality, sample rate, bitrate, and sample
- Encode video in HEVC/H.265, while retaining the same visual quality
- Merge multiple WMA audio tracks prior to conversion
- Enhance videos with the inbuilt editor
- Convert DVD to mainstream file formats for playback on portable devices
- Download SD, HD, and UHD videos from YouTube, Facebook, etc.
- Process files in bulk
Step 1. Load WMA files
Install Cisdem WMA to MP3 converter to Mac, and launch it.
On the main interface, drag and drop WMA files to the program. Or you can add files from Media Browser by clicking the button at the upper-right corner.
Step 2. Select MP3 as the target format
Click the format icon, then a drop-down list will appear with tabs of “General Video”, “General Audio”, “4K Video, Apple Device”, “Tablet”, etc.
Go to “General Audio” and choose the MP3 format.
Step 3. Configure encoding settings (optional)
Click the icon placed alongside the output format of your choice, and an 'Advanced Settings' panel will pop up like so, which can control over the output audio parameters.
Step 4. Convert multiple WMA to MP3 on Mac
Click the icon at the bottom right corner and your WMA files will be converted to MP3 formats in batches.
Convert WMA to MP3 on Mac with VLC
VLC is an open-source audio and video-playing program developed by the VideoLAN team.
It supports playing MP4, WAV, WMV, DIVX, MP3, AAC, WMA, etc. on Mac, and also supports converting these file formats to WebM, OGG, ASF, TS, CD, MP4, MP3, FLAC, etc.
Follow the guide to change WMA file to MP3 on Mac using VLC without spyware, ads, and user tracking.
- Run VLC media player. Hit 'File' > 'Convert/Stream' on the status bar at top of the Mac screen.
- When a new window shows up, drop the WMA file to a specified area or click the 'Open media' button to add the WMA.
- Choose 'Audio - MP3' from the format list.
- Click on 'Save as File' > 'Browser'.
- Rename your MP3 file (xxx.mp3) and choose a location to save WMA as MP3 on Mac.
However, VLC is mainly for video & audio playback. Its conversion feature is not practical enough. And the functions of VLC are limited, you can’t download & share videos, rip DVD with it. Besides, many Mac users said its interface needs some improvement.
Convert WMA to MP3 on Mac via Free Online Service
There're plenty online audio converters available for you to change WMA files to MP3 without purchasing, downloading and installing software on Mac. If you are looking for these kinds of online services, here are 2 to try.
#1 Online Audio Converter
Online Audio Converter is a sleek and easy-to-use web app, deeply loved by music collectors.
It currently supports 8 output formats including MP3, WAV, M4A, AMR, MP2, M4R (for iPhone ringtones), OGG and FLAC.
Cd To Mp3 Ripper
Meanwhile, it lets you convert multiple WMA files simultaneously in batch and preserve them in a ZIP archive.
- Visit the website - https://online-audio-converter.com/.
- Add WMA files from local Mac folder, Google Drive, Dropbox, or URLs.
- Select MP3 as the output audio format.
- Edit WMA files with quality, advanced settings, and track info.
- Hit 'Convert' to initiate the process.
- Download converted or compressed audio in MP3.
CloudConvert is a cloud-based WMA converter for Mac with the ability to convert WMA to MP3, AAC, AIFF, M4A, WAV and more.
Cd To Mp3 Converter Device
It also works with video, document, image, eBook, spreadsheet, etc. formats. But the free account has certain limitations.
The input file can't exceed 1GB (not suitable for converting video files) and it only supports 5 concurrent conversions.
- Head to https://cloudconvert.com/ in your browser.
- Press the “Select File” button to import the WMA file.
- Select MP3 as the desired format.
- Click “Convert”.
- Check the converted audio track and download it.
Merits of online WMA to MP3 converters for Mac are apparent: free, saving much time & space, no need installation, etc.
On the other hand, the drawbacks can’t be ignored. So many online sites may:
- Put rough-and-tumble ads on pages and mislead you to download malware
- Merely offer few type and number of formats
- Rely on the Internet. If your network is poor or not steady, it will be tough to convert WMA to MP3 online.
- Limit the maximum upload size
- No extra functions for video and audio
- Leak audio information
Transcode WMA to MP3 through FFmpeg
FFmpeg is a powerful library to record, stream, and transcoding media files. It's capable of converting an audio or video from one format to another.
Plus, it supports batch conversion, changing codecs, adding subtitles, etc. You need to revise the commands flexibly.
But if you don’t know anything about code technology, then you are not recommended to try FFmpeg.
Let’s see how to use it to make conversion.
- Navigate to http://ffmpeg.org/ to install FFmpeg
- Once finished, drag-n-drop FFmpeg into the Terminal program.
- Type the command: -i xxx.wma -map 0 xxx.mp3 or -i xxx.wma xxx.mp3.
Note: The WMA is the input audio, and you can give any name to the output MP3 file, like sample-audio.mp3.
- Press 'Enter' on keyboard to beginning transcoding, and the converted MP3 is stored in your home directory on Mac.
People Also Ask
1) Can I convert WMA to MP3 Mac using iTunes?
No, you can’t.
As I mentioned in the first part, WMA can’t be imported into Mac-based software, like iTunes, QuickTime, and iMovie.
However, if you have iTunes installed on Windows computer, you can convert WMA to MP3. By default, Windows iTunes will convert files to M4A, not MP3. So you need to change your iTunes preferences first.
2) Can Audacity convert WMA files to MP3 on Mac?
No, the original Audacity can't do it and only MP3, WAV, and AIFF can be added.
But you are able to install the FFmpeg library to expand a wider range of audio formats like WMA, AC3, AMR, etc. for import and export. FFmpeg partially supports WMA, but may not support some variants of WMA files, e.g. DRM-protected WMA.
Download FFmpeg from https://lame.buanzo.org/#lameosx64bitdl.
Also, it's best to install the LAME MP3 encoder at the same time.
3) How can I play WMA on Mac?
- Install a Windows Media Components - Flip4Mac for QuickTime
- Use an alternative to QuickTime Player, such as Cisdem Video Player and VLC
The Bottom Line
Above are detailed guides for converting WMA to MP3 on Mac with several advantageous tools. Although all of them give certain help to fulfill the task, my favorite solution is to Cisdem Video Converter for Mac. It offers fast audio conversion, and many additional features for video editing/download, and DVD ripping. Start to use the well-received WMA to MP3 converter Mac, you will be surprised by the little fun it brings to you!
How to extract audio files from your CDs for Android or iPhone? It should be difficult to find some CD players nowadays. In order to get the classic music or audio files from CDs, CD ripper should be the best tool to extract audio from CD as MP3 or WAV.
What should be the best CD ripper? This post will share 10 great CD rippers to help you complete the task simply. Whether you need to choose some free CD rippers or the profession one, you just need to read the article and get a suitable one.
Top 1: dbPowerAmp
- 1. Accurately rip music from CDs as MP3 or WAV formats.
- 2. Save each track to a single file or all tracks in an image file.
- 3. Batch process multiple audio files at one time.
- 1. It costs $38 after the free trial.
- 2. The automatic correction feature is poor.
How to rip CD to MP3 with dBpoweramp CD Ripper
Step 1: Insert a CD into your disc drives before launching the CD ripper.
Step 2: Tick the checkboxes next to the tracks to rip and hit the “Rip” button.
Top 2: iTunes
- 1. Free CD ripper on Windows and Mac.
- 2. Rip each song as a single file.
- 3. Able to download album art.
- 1. It cannot make ISO image from CDs.
- 2. The CD ripper does not contain offset correction technology.
- Get the details here to rip CD to iTunes.
How to rip a CD with iTunes on Mac
Step 1: Run iTunes and put the CD into your computer.
Step 2: When prompted, click “Yes” to import the tracks on the CD.
Step 3: Click “Import CD”, select the import settings and hit “OK”.
Top 3: Windows Media Player
- 1. Native and default CD ripper for Windows 10/8/7.
- 2. Extract tracks and save them as music files.
- 3. Get album art if the computer is online.
- 1. The CD ripping software cannot deal with copy-protected CDs.
- 2. It cannot rip entire CD as an ISO file.
How to rip a CD with Windows Media Player on Windows 10
Step 1: Open Windows Media Player after inserting the CD into your machine.
Step 2: Locate the album, select the songs or all songs, and hit “Rip CD” to extract audio files from CD to WAV format.
Top 4: Extract Audio Copy
- 1. Extract audio from CD and save in digital files or ISO image.
- 2. Get album art from the Internet automatically.
- 3. Completely free to use.
- 1. It cannot check offsets.
- 2. The free CD ripper is not available to commercial CDs.
How to rip a CD to FLAC with Extract Audio Copy
Step 1: When install the CD ripper, make sure to select the FLAC codec.
Step 2: Launch it and select your disc drive from the drop-down list.
Step 3: Select the desired tracks and click “CMP” on the left side.
Top 5: FreeRIP 3 Basic Edition
- 1. Convert CD to MP3, WAV, WMA and FLAC on Windows.
- 2. Compress multiple songs to a sing file.
- 3. Compatible with M3U, PLS, B4S and HTML playlist.
- 1. Install a toolbar into your browser as online CD ripper.
- 2. Advanced features are only available in the paid version.
How to rip a CD to MP3 via FreeRIP 3
Step 1: Insert your CD to the computer and run the CD ripper.
Step 2: Choose the tracks you want to rip, and click “Rip Disc” icon on top of the window.
Top 6: FairStars CD Ripper
- 1. Rip CDs to MP3 or other formats on Windows 10 and earlier.
- 2. Lightweight and easy to master CD ripper.
- 3. Support a wide range of audio formats.
- 1. It cannot rip encrypted CDs.
- 2. The output quality is a little poor.
How to rip a CD with FairStars CD Ripper on Windows 10
Step 1: Select the CD-Room from the dropdown list in the home interface.
Step 2: Check the boxes next the songs to rip and select “MP3” from the “Output Type” menu.
Step 3: Click “Extract” button to extract audio files from CD as MP3.
Top 7: Audiograbber
- 1. Rip CDs with ASPI or Analog mode.
- 2. Adjust volume and quality before ripping.
- 3. Remove the silence phase.
- 1. It takes much time to rip a CD.
- 2. The custom options are limited.
How to rip a CD to MP3 with Audiograbber
Step 1: Put your CD into the disc driver and open the CD ripper.
Step 2: Select all tracks, tick the checkbox next to “MP3” and hit “Grab” to rip a CD to MP3.
Top 8: FreeRip
- 1. Rip CD to MP3 on Windows 10/8/7/XP.
- 2. Support MP3, FLAC, WMA, WAV and OGG.
- 3. Easy to navigate.
- 1. The free version only contains limited features.
- 2. You can only save album art as BMP, JPG or PNG.
How to rip a CD for free with FreeRip
Step 1: Open the CD ripper after inserting a CD into your machine.
Step 2: Click the Rip Disc button and wait for it to finish.
Top 9: foobar2000
- 1. Exactly rip a CD to music files or an image file.
- 2. Remove offset automatically.
- 3. Free of charge to convert CD to MP3, or MP3 to CD format.
- 1. The CD ripper is only available to Windows.
- 2. It lacks some features, like set log file.
How to rip a CD with foobar2000
Step 1: Open the CD ripper for Windows 10, and go to “File” and “Open Audio CD” to import the CD file.
Step 2: After loading, click the “Rip” button to start the process.
Top 10: CloneCD
- 1. Rip an audio CD to an image file quickly.
- 2. Keep the original quality when ripping.
- 3. Available to most Windows computers.
- 1. This CD ripper cannot save each song to a single file.
- 2. It is a bit expensive compared to features.
How to rip and clone a CD with CloneCD
Step 1: Put the CD into your disc drive and start the CD ripper.
Step 2: Hit the “Rip” icon on the toolbar to convert CDs to another format.
CD ripper alternative: AnyMP4 DVD Ripper
What should you do if you get some excellent music in DRM protected DVD instead of CD? AnyMP4 DVD Ripper should be the CD Ripper alternative if you want to extract audio from DVD disc.
- 1. Rip DVDs to multimedia files with a single click.
- 2. Support MP4, MP3, FLAC, AVI, and other video and audio formats.
- 3. Enhance audio quality automatically using advanced technology.
- 4. Available to Windows 10/8/7 and Mac OS X/11/12.
FAQs of CD ripper
What does a CD ripper do?
A CD ripper, also named as CD grabber or CD extractor, can rips ran digital audio in Compact Disc Digital Audio format tracks to standard computer sound files like MP3 or WAV, so that you can play the audio files more conveniently.
Can VLC rip CDs?
Yes. VLC can rip CD, DVD, and Blu-ray disc. Get more details here to rip CD DVD in VLC here.
Are CDs obsolete 2020?
Yes. As the development of digital life, people tend to carry with music files portably. However, CD is not easy to carry and play portably, it will become obsolete.
If you have burned CD from music player apps, you can find the top 10 CD rippers to convert CDs to digital formats on Windows and Mac computers. You can convert CD into MP3, WAV or FLAC formats according to your requirements with different CD ripping software from the article. If you need to extract audio from DVD, AnyMP4 DVD Ripper should be a nice choice. If you have any query about the best CD ripper, you can share more detailed information in the comment.